We founded Bioinformatika - Bioinformatics (Bioinform) today, a non-governmental organization focused on providing free bioinformatics education!
The founders of the organization are Katarina Elez, Marco Anteghini and Jelena Rašo.
The headquarters of the association are in Herceg Novi, Montenegro.
Goals of the association
- promote bioinformatics, natural sciences and computer science;
- introduce young people to bioinformatics;
- organize courses, seminars, workshops and conferences in the field of bioinformatics;
- facilitate networking and international exchange of young people interested in bioinformatics;
- improve scientific literacy through media (eg blog, social networks, scientific outreach events);
- encourage scientific innovations and technological development of society.
The goals of the association are realized in cooperation with the competent state bodies, ministries, public institutions, non-governmental organizations in the country and abroad, local self-government bodies and other competent institutions.
Activities of the association
- organization of courses, seminars, workshops and conferences in the field of bioinformatics, in cooperation with competent state bodies;
- support to young people in organizing projects in the field of bioinformatics;
- support to young people in achieving a career related to bioinformatics;
- cooperation with institutions and other organizations;
- research and preparation of reports on issues in the field of activity;
- support to other initiatives related to natural sciences and computer science in cooperation with the competent state authorities.